Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"kmFeatherConstraint" MEL Script {

Here's a little MEL script I wrote a while back. It creates a series of constraints down a chain of items with a falloff. A simple GUI allows for changing of ordering and falloff ease modes ( Linear, Ease-In, Ease-Out, Ease-In-Out ). Eased modes use S-curve interpolation for a nice smooth gradient.

There's a few things I'd like to add to make this better, but I thought I'd throw up version 1 and see if it's useful to anyone.

Here's a video demonstrating its use:


Download kmFeatherConstraint



To Install:
  1. Right-click, save file as
  2. In Maya, open Script Editor, and open the MEL file
  3. To save to shelf, open appropriate shelf, and click save-to-shelf button
To Use:
  1. Select items in order of falloff
  2. Click shelf icon, or run from script editor
  3. Pick GUI items for order and falloff type
  4. Click constrain to apply
  5. Ctrl-Z to undo and change settings
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous and stay on topic. I will be happy to answer any question I can. And I am always open to discussion and respectful criticism. Thanks for commenting!